Adobe has announced an update to its consumer photo editing and video editing software. As well as delivering performance improvements the 2019 releases focus on streamlining usability and ‘discoverability’ enhancements. We don’t know what they are either, but apparently, they help you find new projects to help you learn and be inspired.
The latest incarnation of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements have a new Home Screen that appears every time you open the software. It’s personalised and will show you what’s new since your last version of Elements as well as content that matches your experience level.
Adobe Sensei AI Technology
Adobe’s Senesi AI Technology powers photo and video slideshow creations and collages. These will highlight important events such as birthdays and holidays and are delivered when you launch the Home Screen.
Adobe has also simplified collage creation so it can be done with just a few clicks. You can also select templates that work as Instagram posts. There are also frames and backgrounds available to add to your collages.
Photoshop Elements 2019
Photoshop Elements 2019 introduces four new Guided Edits. That makes 53 step-by-step photo editing guides in total.
- Create multi-photo text: Write text with a different photo inside each letter.
- Memes creation: This simplifies the process of adding text, filters and borders to create memes of your photos ready sharing on social media.
- Turn part of your photo into a sketch: Apply a coloured pencil, old paper, or an aged photo look to parts of your image.
- Text and border overlays: Finish images with borders or text.
Photoshop Elements 2019 is faster to download and install while common photo editing tasks have enhanced performance.
Adobe has also added support for HEIF images on macOS.
Premiere Elements 2019
Movie creation has been faster and easier thanks to the redesigned Quick Edit mode. This gives two options:
- Smart Trim, which automatically finds your best footage and guides you through trimming the video.
- A simplified Sceneline for combining clips, photos, titles, music and more to make movies that can be shared on DVD, the web or social media.
As with Photoshop Elements, the download and installation process has been improved. The performance of common video editing tasks has also been enhanced.
Adobe has also added support for variable frame rate (VFR) video. In addition, you can import and edit HEIF images on macOS and HEVC video on macOS 10.13 and above.
Premiere Elements 2019 introduces two new Guided Edits, taking the total to 20 step-by-step video editing guides.
• Glass pane effects: This helps you make the action look like its taking place behind the glass.
• Create Luma fade transitions: Add a dramatic scene transition.